Chicken Skewers - Mangal Style Grill

 So easy, yet so tasty. Succulent chicken with that signature charred taste and texture. 



As you can imagine, I am a huge fan of BBQs and opt to use our Charcoal Grill as much as possible. You don’t need to use a BBQ to get similar results but an Oven or Grill will do just as well. 


I will go into further detail about setting up the Mangal Style grill in a later post, however for now, I’ll stick to the basics. 


Firstly get your skewers, I use 1/2 inch blades skewers as I feel they offer more versatility, but simple wooden or metal skewers work just as well. If you are using wooden skewers, make sure they are soaked in water for at least 30 minutes before putting near any heat. This will stop them igniting. 

Take either Chicken Breasts or Filleted Thighs, and dice them up into equal sized cubes. This helps with an even cook. From here I loaded the diced pieces onto the skewers and seasoned well with our “Everyday Seasoning” as well as some Smoked Paprika and Cajun Spice. 

I placed these over White Hot coals, however a hot grill or oven at 180c will cook very similar. The secret to great and equal cooking is to turn regular. I do not Believe when people say you should only turn meat once. It’s simply ludicrous. 

Over the coals. These took around 7-10 minutes regularly turning and I then ensured they were cooked through with an Instant Read Thermometer (by far one of the most important bits of kit needed in a kitchen). 

When they are cooked. I would personally put them in a wrap or pitta, crisp salad and drizzled with Chilli Sauce. 


I do have a little video of how these Skewers were cooked, pleased visit our Instagram link below to check this out -  

Chicken Skewers - Landers Grill


Lander - 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Essential Sauces/Dressings

First Post - Happy Grilling

BBQ Tips & Tricks